Thursday, July 26, 2012

Circle + Bloom Guided Relaxation

One of the most unexpected and positive aspects of this journey has been connecting with an online group of women experiencing similar things as myself. Because none of my friends locally have gone through similar issues really, and also because I'd rather not inundate my husband with every little up and down I experience on a daily basis, I thought it was important to find a support system. There are TONS of online support communities out there for women dealing with fertility issues.

For me, it's been such a great source of relief! I feel like it's somewhere I can go to ask personal questions openly without being embarrassed, and vent about my frustrations without being judged. There are women in my group who have been trying for years to conceive, some who are undergoing multiple rounds of more invasive procedures, such as IVF.  Not all women here travel the same path or have the same diagnosis, but one thing is for sure; We are there for each other and lift each other up when someone else is falling.

I've been extremely blessed to find an even smaller group of ladies who share my feelings towards using Eastern medicine to help them conceive. Most of us in this group are using natural means to increase our fertility: nutrition, herbs, supplements, acupuncture, meditation, etc. One of the women in our group has started somewhat of a Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, except in this case, she's been kind enough to pass around her Circle + Bloom CD's.




If you aren't familiar with Circle + Bloom feel free to check it out HERE. Our little sisterhood is using the "Natural Cycle for Fertility Program". Use that link if you'd like to listen to a preview of what the exercises are like and read more about the benefits. The program contains 28 daily sessions to help de-stress and harness positive energy, emotions, and ultimately help re-balance your body. All you need is a quiet place to lay down or recline, and the willingness to listen and concentrate on what the guide tells you to do. None of it is physical, but rather mental.

The first part of each session focuses on exercises designed to help you breathe in positive feelings and release any negative energy or stress that is present in your body. The second half focuses on visualization techniques to strengthen the mind body connection, and to facilitate what is going on biologically as well. For example, it gives exercises to help you visualize what is going on in your cycle at the appropriate time, whether that be allowing one egg to become mature and ready, or releasing it at just the right time, or allowing the perfect sperm to meet the perfect egg and implant for a healthy pregnancy.

I am a big believer that what we focus on multiplies. Your mind absolutely has the power to improve your own health, if you focus consistently on what you want to happen. I have always believed that! My main issue is staying focused in the face of adversity and resisting the urge to let negative doubting thoughts creep in and take over sometimes. These guided sessions are exactly what I needed. Today is only my 3rd time trying them, and I've gotta say I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE CD'S!!!

The first time I tried one, I literally fell asleep by the end of the session. If you are like me, and have a hard time letting nagging thoughts go, these are the perfect cure. They require you to lay down in a quiet place without interruption, and for just 15 minutes, really focus on relaxing and visualizing what you want your body to do. I am really fortunate that I did not need to purchase these because of my awesome friend allowing me to borrow them. However, after trying them, I can vouch that they are well worth the investment for anyone who can use some extra help to de-stress and gain more control over their feelings related to TTC.

Anyone else tried Circle + Bloom? What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad these are working out so well for you!! They really are well worth the investment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already looking forward to doing tomorrow's meditation! They totally rock!

      Delete
  2. I actually downloaded a clip from itunes:) its a 25 min breathing/focusing exersize. Ive only listened to the one, but it was very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! How much was the 25 min. clip from iTunes if you don't mind my asking?

      Delete
    2. I believe it was free! You'd have to check again. Try going to the website...I think the links to DL are there :)

      Delete
  3. i have exactly that program, but electronic and it was included with the "package" i purchased at my acupuncturist.

    the first month i listened to it, i listened faithfully and i loved it. often i would re-listen to the last night's, then listen to the current one, then listen to the next night, and somewhere in-between i would usually fall asleep.

    the cycle failed. i felt like the woman in my headphones lied to me - she was telling me all about the fertilization and implantation that was occurring... and she lied. i couldn't bring myself to listen to them anymore because i didn't feel like i could believe it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, I'm sorry to hear that starjumper. I'm sure everyone gets something different from it. For me, it's just important to be able to internalize the possibility of something happening for me to really focus on the believing aspect. Some days, I feel like so many things are working against my ability to conceive like any normal woman should be able to, and this just helps me stay focused on all of the good things I'm doing for my body. It reminds me of how amazingly smart and powerful the human body is and how it really does know deep down inside what to do.

      I feel like I have to have faith in my own ability to conceive if I ever am going to give the natural approach it's due diligence. If I don't believe it in my mind, then why should my body follow suit?

      I totally understand where you're coming from though. Maybe at some point, you'll want to re-visit it. If not, I can understand that too.

      Delete